I thought I'd catch up on some posts today. I've been busy, busy, busy this week and I guess now that my son is sick, it's a sign for me to slow down, too!
This is a great list of natural remedies for common ailments:
Sore throat: Honey mixed with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (you need to get the ACV that has the mother in it). ACV tastes pretty gross and I can barely stomach it at times. Mixing ACV with honey helps a lot. I've also read mixing some cinnamon in can help with the taste. A personal word of caution...ACV can also help "flush out your system," so only use a little bit at a time :-)
Ear pain: I am 36 and I have braces on my teeth. As an adult with braces things can get quite painful at times. Not only are my teeth shifting and hurting, but I also get jaw and ear pain at times. So I take a cotton ball, put 2 drops of Basil essential oil and/or 2 drops of Gardenia oil on the cotton ball and stick it in the ear that hurts. The pain clears up quickly! It's amazing. If you don't have both oils, one will work just as well.
Congestion: Spark Naturals "Respire" oil is great! 2 drops of respire mixed with 2 drops of carrier oil in your hand and rub on your chest. This will help open up your sinuses and break up the congestion.
Stuffy nose: Put a drop of lemon oil in your hand and rub a tiny bit on the base of either side of your nose. You'll be breathing in lemon oil and it will open up your nose! Awesome!
Nausea/Car sickness for kids: 2 drops of peppermint mixed with 4 drops of a carrier oil in your hand and rub on bottoms of feet and back of neck.
Ok that's all I've got for now! Hope you have a healthy, germ free day!
No comments:
Post a Comment