My 6 year old son woke up this morning with a headache, fever of 102.4 and only ate half his breakfast. Now when my child only eats half of his breakfast, well, we automatically know he's getting sick. Every single time he's only eaten part of his breakfast....it was an indication of sickness.
I immediately put my headache mixture on his head. I have a small roller bottle that I filled with lavender, peppermint, and grapeseed oil. Here is my breakdown:
Small roller bottle
Fill 1/2 of roller bottle with grapeseed oil
10-15 drops of lavender
10-15 drops peppermint
Roll in a line across the middle of forehead, rub in. Make sure they don't touch their heads! My husband tried this treatment for a headache, rubbed his head (forgot about the oils) then scratched his eye and well, peppermint kinda makes things cold. His eye was cold and funny feeling for a while! :-) I told him not to touch his head! lol!
So that is my protocol for headache. For me it works great! My son said that his head feels better...so I'll keep applying it every few hours.
Next for the fever protocol. I treat fevers with good old fashioned medicine....Advil. But I also know that medicine does not make the fever go away completely. So I drop a few drops of grapeseed oil in my hand along with a few drops of peppermint. I rub them together and rub on his spine and bottoms of his feet. This helps bring the fever down and it smells great! He smells like a candy cane...which he thinks is pretty cool!
I've also got shield (spark naturals) diffusing in the diffuser in the living room beside him. Let's hope that we can ward off the germs for the rest of us!
Whenever he is sick, or anyone in my house for that matter, I have a "sick bag" that stays beside the sick person all day long. I fill it with wipes, tissues, the oils that I'm using, Advil or Tylenol, and a thermometer. This is so much easier than running back and forth to the medicine cabinet!
Well, I'm off to take care of my lil' guy! Here's hoping for a germ free day for everyone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment