Ok so I have had an upset stomach for 5 days. I've tried everything and nothing is working! However, let me say that I have used peppermint oil and Digest on my belly and the cramps ease off! Now, I keep reading miracle cures about these 2 oils stopping diarrhea. Well, unfortunately I can't say that it does stop the upset tummies! But it doesn't always work for everyone.
So at first we thought it was a stomach bug....but after 5 days I should be getting better, right? That's what I thought! I ended up going to the hospital to get fluids the other day because it just seemed like nothing I drank stayed in. Luckily I had been drinking pedialyte (for kids...I know...but quite yummy!). The doctor at the hospital said that I was mildly dehydrated.
Have been running to the bathroom 10-15 times per day since Wednesday. Fortunately I am a fast bathroom sprinter! Now I called my GI and we discussed the possibility of a c-diff relapse. Even though I haven't taken an antiobiotic since my last c-diff bout, it is still slightly possible I could have a relapse. Sometimes the first infection may not have cleared up and it could flare up again. So yes, this sucks a great deal....but luckily my doctor is helping me out with some medication that might just help. We'll see!
Now, back to the essential oils. I've been diffusing shield every day all day through out the house to make sure the others in the family don't get my germs. I'm not saying that it will prevent c-diff, but it will help clean the air of germs!
That's it for now. I'm on day 2 of some medication to help my belly, so time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment