Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Germs, Germs, Germs!!!

I love this time of year! The leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cooler...it's just perfect...until........the GERMS strike! My son is in elementary school and as many of you know that just spells fall/winter sicknesses everywhere!! So here I sit in the bed with the laptop with a stomach bug. It's 2 days until the Fall festival at my son's school that I am in charge of! So what do I do? First I pray for quick healing!

Second I break out the essential oils. I use Spark Naturals Shield in the difusers (I have one in the living room, my bedroom, and my lil' guy's bedroom). 


Shield is a great every day blend. It's a great thing to roll on the bottoms of your feet (mix with a carrier oil) to help prevent sickness. As you can see I was a little slack on using it this week! I've been at my son's school a lot last week and this week, so it was inevitable that I pick up a germ. I am consistent with my son and using the oils but sometimes I get busy and forget to use them on myself everyday. 

So the next thing I do is put Shield all over the bottoms of my feet and then put some socks on. After that I put 3 drops of Digest, 3 drops of peppermint and 3 drops of grapeseed oil in my hand and rub it all over my belly.

Here is the information on those oils:

Digest - Great at easing upset stomachs

Peppermint - Great for upset stomachs, headaches and more!

You need to do this every 3-4 hours (shield on feet, and Digest/Peppermint on belly). I've never used this before until today. So far so good. I had an upset stomach and started this and the cramping I had isn't very bad and the upset has stopped for now. So we'll see! I've read wonderful things about this, so I am hoping that it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment