Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sore throat gargle....

I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve and is having a healthy & happy New Year's day! I went to bed and crashed. I've still got the worst cold ever and am now getting desperate to try new recipes to help this mess go away. I was up a lot last night coughing. This mucous that comes along with this cold is NO joke! It's thick and it stays in your throat. It will not come out. So during the night when you are sleeping peacefully it will wake up up from that peaceful sleep to feel like you are choking. It's not an awesome feeling as you can imagine!

So this morning after searching the internet for new oil recipes I found a sore throat gargle. The recipe call to gargle then swallow, but I'm still not sure about swallowing essential oils. I know people that do it and have no problems at all, but me I'll stick to the roller bottles and gargling!

So here's the recipe:

2 drops Shield oil
2 drops Lemon oil
2 drops Thyme (Unfortunately I don't have this!)
1 small (shot glass size) glass of water
Gargle with this mixture every few hours

A word of warning...the shield is hot. It will hit your lips and it will burn some. That will go away quickly. This stuff doesn't taste great, but if it works...I'm all for it!

I'll check back in to let you all know how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment