So it's day #6 and the crud is still with me. Don't get me wrong...I feel better, but I have this thick disgusting stuff in my throat and nose. And no amount of essential oils, neti pot uses, etc. will make this stuff go away! So I tried an old stand by...however I kinda overdid it!
I made a "tea" of sorts with lemon, honey & warm water. This really helps with throat pain and also helps with loosening up mucous in the throat. So what did I do? I squeezed a whole lemon, 1 tablespoon of local honey, filled up the rest of the mug with water, and microwaved it for about a minute. Well, let me tell ya, a whole lemon is TOO MUCH! lol! My throat was on fire! lol! Here's my recommendation:
1/2 a lemon squeezed
1 tablespoon or a little more of local honey
Fill cup with water
Microwave for 1 minute
Make sure it's not too hot
Drink!
This can actually be a delicious drink when the right amount of lemon is added! lol!
Now I must confess that I broke down from my all natural path and went to CVS (my favorite store!) and got a cough suppressant so I could sleep. 48 hours of very little sleep equals one tired Mom! It actually worked for about 8 hours and I woke up coughing and took some more!
No comments:
Post a Comment